logo



Peanut Chutney | Mungfali Ki Chutney

Peanut Chutney | Mungfali Ki Chutney

easy peanut mungfali chutney receipe
Like most of the recipes, peanut chutney is also made in multiple ways and I have my own styles too, though I make the same chutney in different way but this method I use often, of all the chutneys, peanut is my favourite one & so of my nephew, I still didn’t blog the recipe as most of us do know how to make this wonderful chutney.  One of friend was over our place to stay and one day I made upma with apple cilantro chutney plus this peanut chutney for breakfast and from then she is asking me to blog this recipe, this time when I made it I decided to take pictures and to write down, so here presenting peanut chutney in my style.
Peanut groundnut mungfali ver kadalai chutney recipe
There are lot of variations in this simple peanut chutney too, you can try with coconut, without roasted gram dal, with ginger etc & that’s makes this chutney perfect side dish for idly, dosa, upma, pongal, vada and for me I can have it with roti, parata, any variety rice…just anything  so do try this and I am sure you will love this simple, easy, quick chutney too. I say easy cause I don’t really do much of tempering in all, this time I did since I knew am going to blog it so let’s make the chutney looks pretty! Otherwise if you ignore the tempering you are not missing anything great. 

peanut chutney


Ingredients:

Peanuts/Ground nuts/Ver Kadalai/Mungfali – 1/2 Cup
Roasted Gram/Dhalia/Pottu kadalai – 1/2 Cup
Dry Red Chillies – 3-4
Chopped Garlic – 1 tsp
Jeera/Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Tamarind – peas size
Hing/Asafoetida Powder – A pinch
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Water – As needed (around 1/4 cup)

For tempering
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Dry Red Chilli – 1
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp


Method:

1. Soak Tamarind in little water and keep aside until we are doing below listed tasks.
2. In a pan or wok heat oil, add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.  Add dry red chilies, garlic and sauté until brown.
3. Now add peanuts and sauté until brown but not burnt, add roasted gram/dhalia and sauté until light brown.
4. Off flame and transfer everything to a bowl or plate and allow it to cool.
5. Once all fried items in room temperature, transfer it to a mixer or blender, add soaked tamarind with water, salt, Asafoetida and grind into smooth paste/chutney.  Add water in intervals if required.
Transfer the chutney in a bowl and add little more water and adjust salt if required. Amount of water depends on how you like your chutney consistency.
For Tempering
6. In a small pan heat oil, add all ingredients listed under tempering in given order, sauté until urad dal becomes brown.
7. Pour the tempering over prepare chutney and give a stir.
Our chutney is ready, the steps seems long but while preparing it’s simple. 

peanut chutney receipe
Have a nice day ~~
google.com, pub-8633747334629857, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

35 comments:

  1. oooh... my favorite chutney!
    And lovely clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy chutney..have not tried with pottukadalai! Looks delicious with that tempering! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh my favorite chuney... Loving it

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my all time fav chutney..looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy chutney...perfect with idly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have it with variety rice,one of my fav chutney...luks yummy.Lovely clicks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never added pottukadallai looks thick and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. our family fav. chutney....superb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never add putanalu too peanut chuteny.......will love to do that next time....chutney looks yum...

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my fav chutneys..Love it with Dosas:-) Slurp!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not tasted peanut chutney so far, sounds delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious and yummy looking peanut chutney.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks so tempting and your click makes me drool...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I generally do not use lot of ground-nuts as it gives us acidity but this one will be an exception. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can have two more idlis with this chutney,just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love peanut chutney.....looks sooo YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tasted once in my friend's place, it's yummy, have to try this, love the first click, Priti..waiting for some great entries from you for my ongoing event,
    Spotlight : winter Vegetable
    link : http://riappyayan.blogspot.com/2012/01/announcement-of-my-event-spotlight.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy chutney...this is my daughter's favorite

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely..will make a wonderful spread also!
    Lite Bite

    ReplyDelete
  20. very yummy chutney..I like this with idli and moong rice...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tried it asusual lovely tasty I had it with idli

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thats a fantastic click priti my fav. with Idlis

    ReplyDelete
  23. my fav...great combo with breakfasts...perfect version.loved it

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really mouth-watering! And the pictures are so appetizing, dear! Thanks for this delish recipe.
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!! Looks yummy :)
    Im sucha bad cook though :(
    I am hosting a giveaway on my blog,hope you participate :) here->Giveaway time!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. woww.. perfect to have with iddlis..superb yaar... love to have it right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. One of my fav chutneys. Looks yumm..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Indian Khana. Stay Connected with
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest